At RACQ, we love seeing Queenslanders come together. That’s why we proudly offer sponsorships of up to $4,000 for events, programs and activities that
are meaningful to the Queensland community.
Since 2017, we’ve supported over 50 community organisations, groups, clubs, associations and charities across Queensland through our Local Giving and Community Sponsorships grassroots programs.
Applying for an RACQ Community Sponsorship is easy. If you feel you meet the sponsorship criteria and align with our corporate responsibility categories, we would love to hear from you.
There are two intakes per year:
RACQ's Community Sponsorships program gives twelve shortlisted community groups the opportunity to receive a grant up to $4,000. RACQ members and the Queensland community are invited to select their three favoured initiatives, with the top-voted initiative receiving the People's Choice grant of $4,000. Four shortlisted initiatives will also receive $4,000 as selected by RACQ's panel with the remaining seven initiatives receiving a $1,000 grant.
Vote in the RACQ Community Sponsorships People’s Choice Award to support what matters most to you. Choose your top three from our incredible list of finalise, place your votes by clicking the vote button, and don’t forget to share! The grant recipient will be announce mid February. Voting is open from 12 January 2022 - 27 January 2022. For terms and conditions, see here.
All proposed sponsorships must demonstrate how they align with at least one or more of RACQ’s corporate responsibility categories.
Staying true to our origins, we will continue to support initiatives that align with our automobile club heritage.
Supporting Queensland institutions, venues, teams, awards and recognition programs, events and performances that are a fundamental part of Queensland and who we are as Queenslanders.Community wellbeing
Queenslanders helping Queenslanders when it’s needed most – emergency response; crime, accident and disease prevention; and initiatives encouraging a healthy lifestyle.Education
Initiatives that support Queensland teachers, and help primary and high school students develop the skills they need for the future.
What we are looking for in a sponsorship application.
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on grants and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms. Eligible Entrants
3. The competition is open to the twelve (12) shortlisted community groups chosen by the RACQ panel from the list of applications submitted between 1 October 2021 to 31 October 2021.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Competition Details
6. The competition commences at 9am, 12th January 2022 27th January 2022 (Promotion Period).
7. Each community group shortlisted will be randomly displayed each time the web page is refreshed and there will be twelve (12) groups available to vote for.
8. When voting, the user must vote for three (3) separate groups, not one (1) group three (3) times, to submit their eligible vote for the People’s Choice Award. Once they have voted for three (3) groups, a thank you message will appear, and the other group options will not be able to be voted for. On refreshing the page, the vote option will be unavailable.
9. All votes become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected votes.
11. The People’s Choice recipients will be drawn at 9am 3rd February 2022 by members of the RACQ Marketing department.
12. Times quoted are local times.
13. There will be one (1) winner in this competition (the People’s Choice recipient) and will be determined by the highest number of votes. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The People’s Choice winner will receive a grant of $4,000 (inclusive of GST) each. Any changes in the value of the grant between the publishing date and the date that the grant is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
15. The other eleven (11) community groups do not win the People’s Choice, will either receive a grant for $4,000 or $1,000. The value of the grant will be decided by members of the RACQ Sponsorship committee.
16. The winner will also have the opportunity to participate in a photo shoot. The images will be used in, but not limited to, social media activity, owned channel material, The Road Ahead, and website promotions.
17. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they entered the competition. The results will be published on http://racq.com/communitysponsorships at 10am, 3rd February 2022.
18. If a winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at 9am 17th February 2022 by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they entered the competition.
19. The grant is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the grant as listed. If the grant (or any element of the grant) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the grant (or that part of the grant) with a grant of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21. If the winner of the grant is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the grant to the winner’s parent or guardian.
22. The grant winner acknowledges that the grant, or any component of the grant, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual grant supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the grant. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the grant by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the grant creates a relationship between the grant winner and the individual grant supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the grant winner as a result of the grant winner’s decision to accept the grant. Marketing
24. In participating in the grant activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a grant winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
26. All entrants consent to the use of their materials submitted and details by the Promoter. All materials submitted by an entrant (including photographs and videos) become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the materials submitted for any purpose without attribution, and entrants will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
27. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
28. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
29. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the grant(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as grants. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the grant winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the grant winners.
30. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
31. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or
damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the grant. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
32. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.