Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
This is your Direct Debit Service Agreement with The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited (RACQ), User ID 088906, ABN 72 009 660 575 (the Debit User). It explains what your obligations are when undertaking a Direct Debit arrangement with us. It also details what our obligations are to you as your Direct Debit provider.
Please keep this agreement for future reference. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your Direct Debit Request (DDR) and should be read in conjunction with your DDR authorisation.
account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited.
agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
banking day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
debit day means the day that payment by you to us is due.
debit payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
Direct Debit Request means the written, verbal or online request between us and you to debit funds from your account.
us or we means RACQ, (the Debit User) you have authorised by requesting a Direct Debit Request.
you means the customer who has authorised the Direct Debit Request.
your financial institution means the financial institution at which you hold the account is maintained you have authorised us to debit.
- Debiting your account
- By submitting a Direct Debit Request, you have authorised us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. The Direct Debit Request and this agreement set out the terms of the arrangement between us and you.
- We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account as authorised in the Direct Debit Request.
- If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
- Amendments by us
- We may vary any details of this agreement or a Direct Debit Request at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days written notice sent to the preferred email / address you have given us in the Direct Debit Request.
- How to cancel or change direct debits
You can update where your direct debit payments are deducted from by registering or logging into My RACQ, clicking on your policy and selecting the manage my direct debit tile.
You can also:
(a) cancel or suspend the Direct Debit Request; or
(b) change, stop or arrange an alternative payment method of an individual debit payment at any time by giving at least 15 business days notice prior to the due date.
To do so, contact us at PO Box 4, Springwood Qld 4127
by telephoning us on 13 1905 during business hours.
You can also contact your own financial institution, which must act promptly on your instructions.
- Your obligations
- You must ensure that your nominated account allows for direct debits as direct debiting through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) is not available on all accounts.
- You should check:
(a) with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions;
(b) your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
(c) with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the Direct Debit Request.
- If there are insufficient clear funds in your account or if the drawing is dishonoured to meet a debit payment:
(a) you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
(b) we may charge you reasonable costs incurred by us on account of there being insufficient funds; and
(c) you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
- You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
- If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on 13 1905. Alternatively you can contact your financial institution for assistance.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging within a reasonable period for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
- The information that you provide on the Direct Debit Request will only be used by RACQ for the purpose intended. RACQ will take reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of your records and account details.
- We will only disclose your information:
(a) To the extent specifically required by law; or
(b) For the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- We will keep any information (including your account details) in your Direct Debit Request confidential.We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- We will only disclose information that we have about you:
(a) to the extent specifically required by law; or
(b) for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- Contacting each other
- If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should contact us on 13 1905 for the correct mailing address.
- We will notify you by sending a notice to the preferred address or email you have given us in the Direct Debit Request. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the second banking day after sending.