* Terms and conditions apply. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to the Competition Terms and Conditions below.
‘Win a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Active + fuel for a year’ Direct Debit Competition
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland who are current paying Free2Go or RACQ members with Roadside Assistance, Home Rescue or Lifestyle products, and have opted into paying by direct debit for the relevant product during the Promotion Period and prior to the cut-off time for the relevant draw in the competition, subject to these Terms.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Immediate family members of the Promoter’s employees within its Assistance division, directors, officers and group executive members are also ineligible to enter. Business and fleet members are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe is ineligible, breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with these Terms, subject to the written direction of any relevant authority.
6. The competition commences on 21 March 2018 and closes midnight 31 March 2019 (Promotion Period).
7. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by opting into direct debit for Roadside Assistance, Home Rescue, Free2Go or Lifestyle products. Non-paying Free2Go subscribers are ineligible. Eligible entrants who have already opted into direct debit for a relevant product prior to the competition period commencing will automatically be included in the competition.
8. Only one entry per entrant is permitted (notwithstanding that an eligible entrant may opt into direct debit for multiple eligible products) and only one prize will be awarded to the winner of each monthly prize. Each monthly prize winner becomes ineligible for future monthly prize draws in this promotion, but remains eligible for the major prize.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. The competition will award one major prize and 11 monthly prizes.
11. The major prize includes a:
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Active – valued at approximately $42,000-$45,000. Exact MLP (Manufacturers List Price) to be determined.
The Vehicle is the base variant 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Active (automatic transmission). The winner of the competition will not be entitled to any upgrades or optional extras.
In addition, the major prize includes:
a. All on-road costs for the Vehicle, including dealer delivery and statutory charges, stamp duty and 12 months’ vehicle registration and compulsory third-party insurance (valued at $3,200-$3,300).
b. 12 months’ comprehensive insurance for the Vehicle (up to $1,000) by RACQ Insurance Limited, subject to the winner meeting normal underwriting acceptance criteria. Basic and age excesses apply.
c. Win Fuel for a Year – a $4000 fuel voucher/card at PUMA Energy
The major prize with all inclusions is valued in total between approximately $50,200 and $53,300.
12. The 11 monthly prizes will each consist of a $4,000 fuel voucher/card at PUMA Energy.
13. If a PUMA Energy fuel station is not available in the prize winner’s location, an alternative fuel provider will be arranged.
14. The competition will be drawn at 10am on the below draw dates at RACQ Head Office, Assistance Product & Pricing Department, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains 4113. Draw dates are as follows:
Win ‘Fuel for a Year’ monthly prize draws:
a. 10am on Thu 26 April 2018
b. 10am on Mon 28 May 2018
c. 10am on Wed 4 July 2018
d. 10am on Mon 6 August 2018
e. 10am on Thu 6 September 2018
f. 10am on Fri 5 October 2018
g. 10am on Tue 6 November 2018
h. 10am on Thur 6 December 2018
i. 10am on Fri 4 January 2019
j. 10am on Wed 6 February 2019
k. 10am on Wed 6 March 2019
Major prize draw:
10am on Fri 5 April 2019.
Times quoted are local times.
15. Eligibility for each draw in this competition closes at 11:59pm on the last day of the calendar month preceding the draw. There will be one winner for each draw in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The major prize winner may select the colour for the Vehicle, subject to availability. Premium colours are at an additional cost. Matte finishes are excluded. The prize winner may choose either a petrol or diesel model. The prize does not include operational costs, personal costs and any other ancillary or incidental costs related to the prize or any other accessories not specified. Any and all other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, additional taxes, additional insurance and other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner, as incurred.
MLP (Manufacturers List Price) for the Vehicle is provided as a guide only and is accurate as at the publishing date to the knowledge of the Promoter but may be subject to change. Any inaccuracy or change in the value of the major prize between the publishing date and the date that the major prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
16. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number listed on the winner’s RACQ membership.
17. If the winner is unable to be contacted within four weeks of the draw, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw. In the event that a redraw is required, it will be held at the time of the next scheduled draw that is a minimum 4 weeks from the initial draw date. In the event of a redraw of the final scheduled draw on 28 March 2019, the redraw shall take place at 10am on 2 May 2019 and the redraw winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number listed on the winner’s RACQ membership.
18. Collection of the prize will be organized with the winner upon notification of their winning entry. Collection of the Vehicle is subject to availability of the selected Vehicle from the Vehicle supplier. The winner must collect the Vehicle from their nearest authorised Hyundai dealer.
19. The prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of current and valid Australian driver’s license with proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
22. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
23. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and Hyundai Motor Company of Australia Pty Limited and each of their related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Hyundai Motor Company of Australia Pty Limited and each of their related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Hyundai Motor Company of Australia Pty Limited or their related entities.
25. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
27. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
28. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
29. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
30. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
31. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.