Find your nearest dump point
Appropriate waste disposal is an important part of caravanning and camping.
An unpleasant part of going on a road trip in a caravan is having to regularly empty your waste into a public dump point station.
If you are staying at caravan parks there should be dump point facilities available for you to use, however if your entire trip is on the road, you may need to find a public dump point.
Dump points offer a place for caravanners to dispose of grey and black water, as well as sewage waste. It is the most environmentally friendly method of emptying waste from a caravan.
Make sure you read your caravan’s manual as each model could have different methods for waste removal.
How to empty your sewage waste at a dump point
- Open the door to your waste disposal unit and take out the tank by sliding it out.
- Take off the cap at the end of the funnel and empty the waste into the dump point which is clearly marked.
- Add a few drops of detergent into your tank.
- Hose out the disposal unit and use the hose to rinse your tank. Be careful not to use this hose to refill freshwater tanks, as the hose may not contain clean drinking water.
- Put the cap back on the funnel and slide the tank back into the caravan until it clicks.
Some public dump points will be housed at monitored sites. Before visiting a dump point, try to call ahead to confirm the opening hours.