Want to experience the best Ekka has to offer in 2018? Check what you need to know to help you get more from Queensland’s iconic show, the Ekka.
Your 2018 Ekka guide
With rides in sideshow alley, fireworks, showbags, animals on display, and great food to be had - the 2018 Ekka is fun for Queenslanders of all ages. Showcasing the best of our great state, plan for your best day out with our RACQ Ekka guide and top tips.
Plan your day
Friday 10 – Sunday 19 August 2018
9am daily - gates open
8pm daily – most gates close
Leaving after 8.00pm? Gate 1 on Gregory Terrace will be open late.
Ekka attractions and pavilions have their own operating times.
Check out the attraction times so you can be sure to catch your favourite show.
Getting to the Ekka
Make your day out at the Ekka easier by planning your journey before you leave.
Public transport is a great way to get to the Ekka in 2018. The Exhibition train station stops in the heart of the showgrounds, giving you easy access to our iconic show.
Want to drive? Exclusive parking rates are available at the following Secure Parking locations close-by:
- Valley Metro Parking - enter via Alfred or Alden Sts.
- McWhirters Car Park - enter via Warner or Ballow Sts.
- Chinatown Car Park - enter via Gipps or Duncan Sts.
Plus, with an RACQ member discount at some Secure Parking car locations throughout Queensland, see if you can park and save.
The Ekka website has more information on getting to the Ekka, including daily rates for your car park if you book today.
2018 Ekka fireworks times
Check out the Ekka after-dark.
In 2018 you can enjoy EkkaNites, a free two-hour show (6-8pm) hosted in the Main Arena each night.
Supported by RACQ LifeFlight, the EkkaNites show includes fireworks from:
With a spectacular firework display plus mighty monster truck and stunt shows – see a different side to the Ekka at EkkaNites.
2018 Ekka entertainment
Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, stunt show savourer, animal enthusiast or fabulous fashionista – there’s a show or ride to suit everyone at the 2018 Ekka.
The Ekka’s daytime entertainment is fun for the whole family and best of all, you just need your one entry ticket to enjoy it all for free.
After a few Ekka ideas?
- Cruise into the RACQ Clubhouse and grab your free personalised name plate or put yourself in a movie in our greenscreen photo booth. Take time out from your busy Ekka day at the RACQ rest stop and enjoy the daily entertainment on our RACQ stage. There will be plenty of giveaways and bags of entertainment every day!
- Visit the RACQ Animal Nursery to get close and cuddly with some baby animals.
- See what treats have been crafted up in the Cookery Competition
- Learn how to milk a cow at the Legendairy Milking Barn
- Go full swing and see pure strength in the Woodchop and Sawing competition
- Rock out to a range of tunes from country classics to jazz at the main music stages.
- Taste a range of our nation’s delicious food at the Royal Queensland Steakhouse
- From family-friendly rides to those made for thrill-seekers – check out the rides available down Sideshow Alley.
- Shop up a storm with showbags filled with your favourite treats, characters, magazines and more.