Take a trip on The Ghan to see some of Australia’s most iconic landmarks, wine regions and natural wonders.
There’s no better way to experience the beauty of Central Australia than aboard The Ghan, a luxury train that travels between Darwin and Adelaide.
A rail trip aboard The Ghan offers the perfect balance between comfort and adventure, as travellers can enjoy the comfort of their own private cabin while gazing out the window at stunning outback landscape.
Lounges and restaurants aboard The Ghan provide guests with delicious meal selections and fine wines, while the sleeping cars offer the ultimate in luxury rail accommodation.
Along the way, you can learn about the rich history of The Ghan, which was named in honour of the pioneering cameleers who created a permanent trail into the Red Centre more than 150 years ago.
There are also many off-train excursions available including cruises, camel rides, helicopter flights and walking tracks.
- See Uluru at sunrise and sunset.
- Visit the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta.
- Appreciate the soaring sandstone walls of Kings Canyon.
- View informative displays at the Warradjan Cultural Centre.
- Cruise Yellow Water Billabong.
- See rock art galleries at Nourlangie.
- Go ashore in Arnhem Land.
RACQ Travel (1300 888 449) has special packages available to provide an unforgettable experience.