Don’t feed your pets lollies, especially if they contain chocolate or xylitol (a common sugar substitute found in sugar-free products), as these can be poisonous.
Symptoms of poisoning may include vomiting, diarrhea, rapid breathing, increased heart rate, and seizures.
Contact your vet immediately if your pet shows any signs of poisoning.
Pets run the risk of burning themselves if the get too close and knocking candles over can causing a fire.
Take time to get your pet accustomed to the costume before Halloween.
Although the liquid in these products isn’t likely toxic, it tastes really bad and can make pets salivate excessively and act strangely.
Battery-powered Halloween decorations can also present a risk to pets if the battery is swallowed.
A constant stream of people in strange clothes may cause your pet to become stressed behave in a way they normally wouldn’t.
Confining them to their own safe haven for the evening can help calm their nerves and prevent them from barking excessively or running out of the constantly opening front door.
The information in this article has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or specific advice to any particular person. Any advice contained in the document is general advice, not intended as legal advice or professional advice and does not take into account any person’s particular circumstances. Before acting on anything based on this advice you should consider its appropriateness to you, having regard to your objectives and needs.