Make a Home or Contents Insurance claim with RACQ

At RACQ it’s easy to claim on your Home or Contents Insurance policy. You can claim online or call us and we will lodge your claim over the phone or visit us in-branch. Know that you’re covered for a range of events including floods, storms, fire and theft by a trusted brand that will be there when you need help.

Step 1

Check your insurance policy

Read your Certificate of Insurance and the associated Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable Supplementary PDS to see what you're entitled to claim.

Step 2

What you’ll need

To help us process your Home or Contents Insurance claim as quick as we can, it’ll help if you have the following handy when you claim online or call us:

  • Your RACQ insurance policy number - you can find your policy number in the My Product Overview page when you log into your My RACQ account or on your Home Insurance policy documents.
  • The date and details of the incident
  • A Police Report Number (for lost or stolen items)
  • Details of any damaged property or items that have been lost or stolen
  • Proof of ownership of any damaged or stolen property (e.g. receipts, invoices or photographs)
  • A damage report and quote for repairs of the damage
  • Samples of damaged items such as carpet, blinds or rugs (only if it is safe to do so)
  • Contact details of any witnesses or other people involved
  • Your paid invoices
  • If you have damaged contents creating a health hazard, please take photos and keep a small sample of any damaged carpet

Please read your Certificate of Insurance for your Home, Contents or Home and Contents policy to see what you’re entitled to claim.

Need more help? Our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable Supplementary PDS  are up online for you.

Step 3

Lodge your claim

We’ve got three easy ways you can lodge your RACQ Home or Contents Insurance claim:

1. Online

Lodge your Home or Contents Insurance claim online anytime.

Claim online

Make a weather claim online

2. Phone

Call us on 13 7202 and we'll lodge your home or contents insurance claim over the phone.

3. In-branch

Visit your local RACQ branch. Make sure you have the required information mentioned above in Step 2 so we can lodge your claim as quickly as possible.

Step 4

Let us guide you through the home and contents claims process

  • If an onsite assessment is required:
    • Our team will arrange for an assessor and/or building consultant to visit your home and asses your loss.  Once your loss has been assessed and your claim accepted we may authorise repairs to be completed and/or authorise the replacement of your items through our preferred suppliers (this may be in the form of a gift card).  If you have your own quote please advise RACQ at the time of lodgement
  • If you have been affected by a storm or flood:
  • If something is causing or threatening to damage your home and is urgent, please all the SES on 132 500, otherwise call RACQ Home Assistance who may be able to assist you for common home incidents.