Account or cardholder Terms and Conditions
You agree with RACQ Bank to these terms by either,
- adding a card for use in a Digital Wallet, or
- allowing another cardholder to add a card linked to your account for use in a Digital Wallet.
The terms and conditions which apply to your card, apply in addition to the terms and conditions detailed below. To the extent of any inconsistency, the terms and conditions which apply to your card take precedence over these terms.
Additional terms and conditions may apply by your telecommunications provider or other relevant third parties.
Suspension and termination of the Digital Wallet
We may block, suspend or terminate your card in the Digital Wallet:
- if we reasonably suspect fraud,
- if your card is cancelled, blocked or suspended,
- if you are in default of your card terms and conditions,
- if required by law,
- if we no longer support the Digital Wallet, or
- for any other reason.
You agree to protect and keep confidential your user ID, phone lock passcode, passwords, and all other information required for you to make purchases with your card using the Digital Wallet (Protected Information).
Always secure your Protected Information by using a unique number or pattern that is not obvious or can be easily guessed. Take precautions when using your Digital Wallet. Try to memorise your Protected Information or carefully disguise it. Never keep a record of your Protected Information with your device, on your device or computer, or tell anyone your Protected Information.
Notably, if you let another person be registered on your mobile device, or you share your Protected Information with any other person, you will deemed to have authorised that person to transaction on your account using the Digital Wallet. This means that any transaction conducted using the Digital Wallet initiated by that person using the Protected Information will be authorised by you and the card terms and conditions which deal with unauthorised transactions will not apply.
If your mobile has been lost or stolen, or you believe your security credentials have been compromised, you must report this to us immediately. Your existing card terms and conditions require you to contact us immediately if you believe there are errors or if you suspect fraud with your card. This includes any fraud associated with a Digital Wallet.
In your existing card’s terms and conditions which deal with liability for unauthorised transactions:
- each reference to a ‘password’ or ‘PIN’ includes a reference to your Protected Information,
- each reference to security requirement includes the requirement to keep your Protected Information secure, and
- each reference to a lost or stolen card includes a lost or stolen mobile device,
in the context, as required and as appropriate, noting that, RACQ Bank does not issue your device to you (or associated Protected Information) and that if another person is registered on your device, any transaction by them is not an unauthorised transaction.
Generally, subject to protections afforded to you by law, you are liable for unauthorised transaction conducted using the Digital Wallet.
Using the Digital Wallet
RACQ Bank is not the provider of the Digital Wallet and is not responsible for its use and function. Our obligation to you in relation to the functionality of the Digital Wallet, is limited to providing the technical means to facilitate the functionality of the Digital Wallet to support the RACQ Bank cards. We are not responsible if there is a security breach affecting any information stored in the Digital Wallet or sent from the Digital Wallet.
We are not otherwise liable for the use, functionality or availability of the Digital Wallet, including any service issues caused by third party communication providers (unless as otherwise required by law).
We further do not make any guarantees or warranties that the Digital Wallet will be accepted by all merchants. We are, not liable for any loss, injury or inconvenience you suffer as a result of a merchant refusing to accept the Digital Wallet.
RACQ Bank will not be liable for any loss arising from your use of the Digital Wallet to the extent that the loss was caused by:
- your fraud,
- your use of the Digital Wallet in a manner that is inconsistent or not permitted by the issuer of the Digital Wallet, or
- subject to the requirements at law, limited service caused by matters beyond our reasonable control.
The card’s terms and conditions describe the fees and charges which apply to your card. We do not charge any additional fees for adding or using a card in the Digital Wallet. You are responsible for any charges that you may incur from your telecommunications provider.
We may collect information relating to your device for the following reasons (but not limited to):
- to ensure that your card properly functions in the Digital Wallet,
- for security purposes and to identify fraud,
- for us to better provide assistance to you, and
- to tell you about other RACQ Bank products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may exchange information with the Digital Wallet provider (e.g. Apple Pay, Google Pay™, etc.) and related service providers (e.g. CUSCAL, VISA, etc.):
- to facilitate any purchase you initiate using a card registered in the Digital Wallet,
- to enable activation of your new card or ordered replacement card in the Digital Wallet,
- to improve the functionality of the Digital Wallet, or
- in relation to persons involved in suspected security breaches or fraud.
RACQ Bank is not responsible for any loss, injury or other harm you suffer in connection with the use of this personal information by the Digital Wallet provider or any related service provider.
If you do not want us to collect or disclose this information as described, you should not register a card for use with the Digital Wallet. If you do not want to receive marketing information, please contact us to opt out.
Without limiting any other forms of communication as described under the card’s terms and conditions, we may communicate with you electronically (including, but not limited to, via sms, email, and in-app notifications) and this will be considered written notice for the purpose of these terms.
We may amend these terms at any time
We may make changes to the terms and conditions required to immediately restore or maintain the security of a system or individual facility without prior notice. We will notify you of such changes as soon as practicable.
Otherwise, we will give you 30 days’ prior written notice of any changes which:
- impose or increase your charges relating solely to the use of your card in the Digital Wallet,
- increase your liability for losses relating to transactions conducted using your card in the Digital Wallet, or
- impose, remove or change your daily transaction limit or other periodical transaction limit applying to the use of your card in the Digital Wallet.
Notice may be given electronically, as described above. Any other changes which apply to the card, will be made in accordance with the card’s terms and conditions.
You agree to any such changes by continuing to keep the card in the Digital Wallet.