Lodging your travel insurance claim

Explore the world with RACQ Travel Insurance and know that wherever you are in the world the RACQ emergencies team are there day or night to guide you through the claims process. 

When you need help making your travel claim reach out to RACQ online or over the phone.

Start your claim

How to make your travel insurance claim

  • icon-step-1
    Keep safe

    If you are experiencing an emergency that requires police, fire, or ambulance services, please contact:

    • Overseas emergency services nearest to your location.
    • Australian emergency services on 000. You will be able to make this call even if your mobile provider doesn’t have network coverage in your location. You can also contact the State Emergency Service on 132 500.
  • icon-step-2
    Check your policy documents

    If you’re able to access the internet, and it is safe to do so, please read over your policy documents: 

    These documents will help you understand what you’re covered for and how your claim will be processed. 

  • icon-step-3
    Make your claim

    There are two simple ways you can make your RACQ Travel Insurance claim: 


    Contact our claims team on 1300 207 371 or +61 2 8055 1696 and we'll guide you through the process. As a courtesy to our policy holders, we accept reverse charges from overseas operators.


    The quickest way to make your claim is through our 24/7 online portal. Simply register with the email address you used to buy your policy and we’ll send you a password setup email. Use your new password to log in and provide your claim details. Your claim will be assessed in line with the General Insurance Code of Practice timeframes.  

  • icon-step-4
    Other service options

    For general customer service, you can:

    Interpreting Services

    We are pleased to offer assistance in the following ways if you need help understanding any aspect of your travel insurance policy or claim in your language. 

    Contact our insurer by phone

    Our team has access to many languages to assist you directly. Call us on +61 2 8055 1684.

    Contact Translating and Interpreting Services

    Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS) are available 24/7 and their interpreters speak over 160 languages. They're available over the phone and in person. Book an appointment with TIS, or call them on 131 450. This is a free service.  


Things to note

Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co Ltd (ABN 80 000 438 291 AFSL 246 548) is the issuer of RACQ Travel Insurance. The 'RACQ Travel Insurance- Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable Supplementary PDS which includes the policy wording. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold the policies.

Where it provides financial services in relation to RACQ Travel Insurance (such as financial advice or arranging for the issue of insurance), RACQ Operations Pty Ltd (ABN 80 009 663 414, AR 234978) is acting as an Authorised Representative of the issuer of the insurance, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. (ABN 80 000 438 291 AFSL 246 548).

Any financial advice provided by RACQ Operations Pty Ltd (ABN 80 009 663 414, AR 234978) (RACQ) which is set out above, is general in nature only, and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on the advice, consider the appropriateness of the advice, having regards to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain the ''RACQ Travel Insurance- Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement' and consider it before making a decision about whether to acquire RACQ Travel Insurance.

Note that RACQ Travel Insurance benefits are subject to the terms and conditions (including the limits, sub-limits and exclusions) of the insurance policy. Please read the 'RACQ Travel Insurance Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable Supplementary PDS carefully to understand what each policy covers.