Don’t let road closures give you the blues
The State’s peak motoring body warned Gold Coast motorists to expect several road closures across the weekend when the 2018 Blues on Broadbeach music festival got underway.
The event would run over four days from Thursday evening and would attract up to 150,000 spectators over the course of the weekend.
RACQ spokesperson Lauren Ritchie said extensive road closures would be in place from 5pm Thursday, with most of the traffic disruptions impact the Broadbeach CBD.
“Some roads will be closed for the event so it’s important drivers heading to Broadbeach check the traffic and event map before they hit the road,” Ms Ritchie said.
Ms Ritchie encouraged event goers to consider catching public transport.
“G-Link tram services have been extended to 11pm on Saturday and until 8pm Sunday, so catching the tram would be a great way to get to and from the festival,” she said.
Expect delays on these Broadbeach roads:
From 5:00pm Thursday 17 May to 2:00am Monday 21 May:
• Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Queensland Avenue
• Queensland Avenue between Jubilee Avenue and Federation Avenue
• Victoria Avenue between Gold Coast Highway and Surf Parade
• Surf Parade between Victoria Avenue and Charles Avenue (limited access to Taxi and Sofitel Hotel residents)
• Local access only of Albert Avenue between Old Burleigh Road and Surf Parade
• The taxi rank will be relocated to the Surf Parade bus stop opposite the Sofitel Hotel (between Victoria Avenue and Charles Avenue).