From Reef to Rock
Sponsored content: The Overlanders Way
Overlanders Way is a road trip that you’ll always remember. This journey will take you 1550km from the Pacific Ocean to the red dirt of the outback. Take the 4X4.
- Welcome yourself to the Northern Territory with a bite to eat or rest for the night at the “first and last pub” in the Northern Territory, Barkly Homestead.
- Heading towards the Three Ways and Stuart Highway, turning left will take you to Tennant Creek. Learn about the Warumungu people at the Nyinkka Nyunyu Art Centre.
- Experience the outback gold rush at Battery Hill Mining Centre. Tennant Creek provides the perfect choice between heading north to tropical Darwin or south to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. The choice is yours (or the driver’s!).
- If you head north, make sure you stop in at Mataranka Hot Springs, and check out Nitmiluk National Park.
- If you head south, take your time to explore all the waterholes along the West MacDonnell Ranges.
Visit northernterritory.com/drive to start your journey.
Mandatory credit: Tourism NT/Jason Van Miert