Taste top produce at Bundaberg food festival
Celebrate the food, wine and flavours of Queensland’s Wide Bay Burnett region.
Bundaberg’s annual celebration of the region’s agricultural and culinary industries returns with the Taste Bundaberg Festival from 11-20 June.
The 10-day festival program includes Pop Up Polo, the inaugural Banquet on the Bridge, festival favourite Chilli and Lime Fiesta at Riverfeast, the Festival Farmers Markets and the Farm Flavours Picnic.
Festival highlights include celebrity chef Poh Ling Yeow’s collaboration with Bundaberg’s top restaurants and Indigenous chef Mark Olive’s Mon Repos First Nations Dinner, described as “an evening of culture, community and togetherness”.
Bundaberg tourism CEO Katherine Reid said the region’s reputation as a foodie paradise was growing.
“We live in one of Australia’s most prolific food bowls, growing 25% of Australia’s fresh produce, and are world-famous as the home of Queensland iconic flavours, such as Bundaberg Rum and Bundaberg Brewed Drinks,” Ms Reid said.
“Bundaberg’s culinary icons are long established in the Australian psyche and the region has been attracting significant attention as an emerging culinary destination right on the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
“The festival will showcase our chefs, our producers and our wealth of leisure offerings to well-travelled foodies in the safety of a regional Australian community.”
With more than 20 events to choose from over 10 days, plus cellar doors to explore, cafes and restaurants, farm gates to discover and the southern Great Barrier Reef on the doorstep, the Taste Bundaberg is a great reason to visit the Wide Bay Burnett region.
Top five festival tastes
- Chilli & Lime Festival: Celebrate the subtropical flavours of the hard-hitting chilli and zesty limes by local growers Austchilli and Bundy Limes.
- Bert’s Pop Up: Relax as the sun sets to enjoy an evening of local produce, drinks and music with picnic boxes created by popular local restaurant, Bert’s, filled with cheeses, dips, fruits, cured meats and more.
- Bundaberg’s Pop Up Polo: Part of the world’s largest polo circuit, Urban Polo, known for presenting polo events in unique, regional and remote locations across Australia.
- Farm Flavours Picnic: Set up under the shade of macadamia groves for the iconic Farm Flavours Picnic. Sample the very best in food and drinks made right here in the Bundaberg region, sharing a picnic basket for two while listening to the sounds of live music.
- Banquet on the Bridge: Take a step back in time with a unique dining experience on the iconic Burnett Traffic Bridge. The historical landmark will be covered in twinkling lights and the tastes of the region served up in a multi-course meal with local drink pairings.