Vegie fiesta tofu stir-fry recipe
Go meat-free with this vegie fiesta tofu stir-fry recipe.
Keen to add in some extra vegies in your meals? Try this vegie fiesta tofu stir-fry recipe of the Dieticians Association of Australia.
Vegie fiesta tofu stir-fry
Cooking time: 40 minutes | Serves: four
- 400g firm tofu
- Two tsp olive oil
- One brown onion
- Four garlic cloves
- One red chilli
- Two tsp cracked pepper
- Two bunches broccolini halved (or 1.5 heads broccoli florets)
- 400g button/shiitake mushrooms
- One tin corn spears (400g)
- Three tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- Basmati rice or Hokkien noodles to serve (0.5 cup cooked)
- Cube tofu in 2cm pieces. Gently squeeze pieces with paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Heat wok over high heat with two tsp olive oil. Split tofu into two batches and stir-fry tofu until golden. Remove tofu.
- Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Add onion and stir-fry for two to three minutes, then add garlic, chilli and pepper and stir for one minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add broccolini and corn spears and stir-fry until just tender. Repeat with mushrooms.
- Return tofu to wok. Add oyster sauce and stock and stir for two minutes. Serve with a side of rice or noodles. Garnish with red chilli.
Other recipes to try:
- Healthy snacks to make at home
- Cob loaf recipes
- Healthy banana bread recipe
- A guide to Indian curries
- Healthy Mediterranean chicken
Vegie fiesta tofu stir-fry courtesy of Katherine Baqleh, accredited practising dietitian. For the nutritional information of this recipe and for more recipe ideas, visit the Dietitians Association of Australia Smart Eating Recipe Collection.