All incidents relating to CTP need to be reported to the Police within 24 hours.
Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance
protects you in the event of compensation claims for personal injury after a car accident.
Be aware that time limits apply for making an insurance claim for this type of incident.
If you have been involved in an accident you should record your version of the incident as soon as possible to assist in any queries that may occur during the claim process.
Call us on 3893 9001
during business hours so we can help you with your claim.
Are you injured and not the at fault driver?
- We can provide you with a Notice of Accident Claim Form when you call or you can email us. Alternatively, you can download one from the Motor Accident Insurance Commission website.
- Complete the claim form and have your doctor complete the medical certificate section. This must be sent to the CTP insurer of the at fault vehicle within 9 months of you first being aware of any injuries.
- If you do not know who their insurer is, contact the Motor Accident Insurance Commission CTP Claims Helpline on 1300 302 568. If the at fault vehicle is uninsured, unregistered or cannot be identified, the claim may be made against the Nominal Defendant.
Are you injured and the at fault driver?
If you are covered by our At Fault Driver Injury Insurance policy, complete and send your Notice of Accident form to us within 30 days of the incident for processing:
Personal Injury Claims Department
PO Box 3313
Tingalpa DC 4173
Retain all of your motor vehicle repair documentation or claim details.
Are you the at fault driver and someone else is hurt?
- Make sure you provide your insurance details to the injured parties and collect theirs.
- The injured party will complete and lodge a Notice of Accident Claim Form with us, your CTP Insurer.
- We will then contact you to complete the claims process.