SkyPoint Observation Deck Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotional game run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to all residents of Queensland over the age of 16 years only, who are current RACQ members when the competition is drawn.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants including by requiring an entrant to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
5. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter (and the immediate family members of the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter), related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe is ineligible, breached any of these Terms, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such individual are reserved.
7. The competition commences at 9am on March 25, 2020 and closes at 9am on April 9, 2020.
8. Eligible entrants may enter this competition online by filling in their first name, last name, email address, phone number, postal address and RACQ membership number on the online entry form available on the following page of the RACQ website: https://www.racq.com.au/membership/what-you-get/competitions
9. Only one entry per entrant is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to each winner.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
11. The competition will be drawn by RACQ Lifestyle at 10am on April 9, 2020 at the RACQ Head Office, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains, Queensland, 4113.
12. Times quoted in these Terms are local times.
13. There will be five winners in this competition who will be chosen by the Promoter at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Each winner will receive a SkyPoint family pass consisting of a 1 day ticket for two adults and two children valued at $71 (including GST). The total prize pool value is $355 (including GST). Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
15. Each winner will be notified using the contact details provided by the winner when they entered the competition. The results of the competition will not be published.
16. If a winner is unable to be contacted within four days of the draw or the Promoter determines that a winner is ineligible to enter the competition then a redraw will occur. If a redraw is required, it will be held by RACQ Lifestyle on April 16, 2020 or such later date as determined by RACQ at the RACQ Head Office, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains, Queensland, 4113 and the redraw winner will be notified using the details provided by the redraw winner when they entered the competition.
17. The Promoter will contact each winner to notify the winner of their winning entry and to organise delivery of the prize to the winner.
18. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
19. If a winner is under the age of 18 years, the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
21. Each winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties, including the SkyPoint Terms of Trade (including the Conditions of Entry) which can be located here. Each winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of a prize creates a relationship between the winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the winner as a result of the winner’s decision to accept the prize.
22. In participating in the prize activity, each winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. Each winner agrees to grant the Promoter and each of its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and photographs in all media worldwide and no winner is entitled to any fee for such use. Each winner agrees that it will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video or photographs to any media or other organisation.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter and each of its related entities using their name, likeness, image and voice if they are a winner (including photograph, film and recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
24. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
26. Without limiting any other provision of these Terms, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these Terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
27. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (“Promoter’s Agents”) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
28. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
29. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
30. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.