Direct Debit Competition – 1 April 2020 - 31 December 2020
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland aged 18 years and over who are, at all times during the relevant Eligibility Period (as defined in paragraph 4 of these Terms), either paying Free2Go members or RACQ members.
4. The period of eligibility for each draw in this competition commences at 12:01am on 1 April 2020 and closes at 11:59pm on the last day of the calendar month immediately before the month in which the relevant draw date occurs (“Eligibility Period”).
5. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter), related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter. Business members of RACQ and entities that hold fleet accounts with RACQ are ineligible to enter.
6. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe is ineligible, breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner for that prize draw will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with these Terms, subject to the written direction of any relevant authority.
7. The competition commences at 12:01am on 1 April 2020 and closes at 11:59pm on 31 December 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
8. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by opting during the relevant Eligibility Period to commence paying for any of RACQ’s Roadside Assistance products by direct debit. Eligible entrants who opted to pay for any of RACQ’s Roadside Assistance products by direct debit before the commencement of the Promotion Period will not be eligible to enter this competition.
9. Only one entry per entrant is permitted (notwithstanding that an eligible entrant may opt into direct debit for multiple eligible products). The two prizes specified in paragraph 13 of these Terms will be awarded to the winner of each prize draw. Each prize winner becomes ineligible for future prize draws in this promotion.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
11. The competition will be drawn at 10am (local time) on the below draw dates at RACQ Head Office, Assistance Product & Pricing Department, 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains 4113. The draw dates for the ‘$4,000 (8 x $500) WISH Gift Cards everyday essentials’ prizes are as follows:
a. Wednesday 13 May 2020
b. Wednesday 10 June 2020
c. Wednesday 8 July 2020
d. Thursday 13 August 2020
e. Wednesday 9 September 2020
f. Wednesday 14 October 2020
g. Wednesday 11 November 2020
h. Wednesday 9 December 2020
i. Wednesday 13 January 2021
11. There will be one winner for each draw. The winner for each draw will receive both of the following prizes:
a. $4,000 Woolworths WISH gift card; and
b. 12 Month RACQ Ultimate Subscription valued at $292 (including GST).
12. The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The total prize pool value is $38,628 (including GST). Any change in the value of a prize between the publishing date and the date that a prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
14. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number listed on the winner’s RACQ membership or Free2Go membership as applicable.
15. If the winner is unable to be contacted within four weeks after the draw, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw. If a redraw is required, it will be held at the time of the next scheduled draw that is a minimum 4 weeks after the initial draw date. If there is no next scheduled draw, the redraw will be held a reasonable period after the date that the last scheduled draw occurred.
16. Collection of prize(s) will be organized with the winner upon notification of their winning entry.
17. A winner’s 12 Month RACQ Ultimate Subscription will be commence approximately one month after the date on which the winner’s existing Roadside Assistance product (“Existing Roadside Assistance Product”) is due for renewal. The winner’s RACQ Ultimate Subscription will continue for a full 12 month period. At the end of that 12 month period the winner RACQ will offer the winner a renewal for their Existing Roadside Assistance Product.
18. The prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
19. The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of current and valid Australian driver’s license with proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
21. The prize winner acknowledges that the prizes, or any component of the prizes, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The prize winner acknowledges that the terms and conditions of the Woolworths WISH Gift Card are currently available at: https://giftcards.woolworths.com.au/about/terms-and-conditions. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of a prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize.
22. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and each of its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that it will not sell or otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter and each of its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
24. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes as listed. If a prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
26. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these Terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
27. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its related entities (“Promoter’s Agents”) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.
28. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
29. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize(s). This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
30. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.
31. Woolworths Group Ltd ABN 88 000 014 675 is the issuer of the WISH Gift Card, but is not the promoter of the offer, nor responsible for fulfillment of the offer terms. WISH Gift Cards have no expiry date and are redeemable at participating stores only. For a list of participating stores and full Gift Card Terms and Conditions visit woolworths.com.au/giftcards