Easy ways to pay overseas
Everyone has different ideas on planning and enjoying their holiday. Which is why we offer a range of different ways for you to pay for things when you’re travelling. Whether it’s for accommodation, meals, transport, sightseeing or souvenirs, we’re sure to have the ideal option to make the payment process simple and hassle-free.
Taking your RACQ Bank Visa debit card with you when you head overseas can be a great option if you’d prefer to spend money from your RACQ transaction account, rather than rely on credit.
- Withdraw money from an ATM when travelling+
- A secure way to access your money, rather than carrying large amounts of cash
- Can be linked to Google Pay™, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay digital wallet payment options
Accepted in more than 210 countries and territories worldwide, our Low Rate Credit Card and Platinum Rewards Credit Card offer great, convenient ways to make payments when travelling.
Low Rate Credit Card
- 0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers (reverts to cash advance rate) ^
- $49 annual fee ^^
- Up to 55 days interest free ***
- Up to $50,000 complimentary purchase cover insurance per 12 months ^^^
Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 30,000 reward points when you spend $3,000 on Eligible Transactions in the first 90 days *
- Triple rewards points on RACQ purchases for the first 12 months *
- 0% pa for 14 months on balance transfers (reverts to cash advance rate) ^
- $129 annual fee **
- Up to 55 days interest free ***
- Get 1 reward point for every dollar spent on your card on Eligible Transactions *
- 24/7 concierge service
Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard
Introducing new Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard
Simply outsmart travel money. Load up to 11 currencies and use it at millions of locations worldwide everywhere Mastercard is accepted. Load, spend and top up your card on the go, so you’re always in control.
- Free global Wi-Fi 5
Stay connected across a million Boingo hotspots
- 24/7 global assistance
Help a call away whenever and wherever you are
- Emergency cash access
Our team is ready to replace your card or organise cash 4
- Lock and load up to 11 currencies 1
Lock in exchange rates* and know exactly how much you have to spend
- Accepted at millions of locations worldwide 2
Spend fluently wherever Mastercard is accepted instore, online and ATMs
- Manage your account
Track spend, reload, or move money between currencies online, anywhere, anytime.
How does Cash Passport outsmart travel money?
1. Safer and more secure than cash
Cash Passport offers 24/7 Global Assistance. If you lose your wallet, simply call us. Sometimes, these things happen. We’ll quickly organise a new card, free of charge and help you get emergency cash4 so you can keep enjoying your holiday.
2. Keep track of your travel money
‘My Account’ lets you manage your money wherever you are, like reloading your card and transferring between currencies. Shop with confidence knowing exactly how much you have to spend, or simply load more funds with the advantage of locked-in exchange rates1. Load up to 11 currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD3.
3. Convenient and Contactless
Enjoy the freedom of travelling the world with just one card. Eat, shop or play wherever Mastercard® is accepted or withdraw from ATMs along the way, just as you would with your bank card at home. Quicker than cash, contactless payments can save you time when tapping with Cash Passport.
Cash Passport Platinum Features
1. Free global Wi-Fi5. Get internet access via millions of Boingo hotspots globally. Get 3 months’ Boingo membership every time you top up your Cash Passport with $100 AUD or foreign currency equivalent.
2. Share or transfer your travel money. Transfer instantly, from your Cash Passport to another Cash Passport issued in Australia or New Zealand in available currencies.
3. Flight Delay Pass. Don’t let a delayed flight take the fun out of travel. Enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges worldwide, upon a flight delay. You and your travelling companion can relax in comfort while you wait for your flight in a LoungeKey™ airport lounge. Register in advance and get complimentary access to participating airport lounges around the globe in the event of a flight delay. View more FAQs on Flight Delay Pass.
Cash Passport can be purchased in store. Just be sure to have your Australian driver's license or passport ready. Once you have a Cash Passport, you won’t look back.
Visit your local RACQ Bank branch to get your Cash Passport today.
Maybe you’d prefer to take cold, hard cash overseas with you. We can help with that too.
- Available in more than 35 different currencies.
- Pick-up normally available within 2 working days.
- Choice of denominations is offered for most currencies.
- Unused banknotes can be converted back into Australian dollars (at the prevailing conversion exchange rate) when you return home, subject to acceptability.
Download and complete the Foreign cash order form or contact your local RACQ Bank branch to arrange foreign cash.