Easy ways to pay overseas
Everyone has different ideas on planning and enjoying their holiday. Which is why we offer you different ways to pay for things when travelling. Whether it’s for accommodation, meals, transport, sightseeing or souvenirs, we’re sure to have the ideal option to make the payment process simple and hassle-free.
Taking your RACQ Bank Visa debit card with you when you head overseas can be a great option if you’d prefer to spend money from your RACQ transaction account, rather than rely on credit.
- Withdraw money from an ATM when travelling1
- A secure way to access your money, rather than carrying large amounts of cash
- Can be linked to Apple Pay, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay digital wallet payment options
Introducing new Cash Passport™ Platinum Mastercard®
Simply outsmart travel money. Load up to 11 currencies and use it at millions of locations worldwide everywhere Mastercard is accepted. Load, spend and top up your card on the go, so you’re always in control.
- Load up to 11 currencies on one card2
Currencies include USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD.
- Lock in exchange rates3
Lock in exchange rates for initial load and know exactly how much you have left to spend3.
- No foreign transaction fees4
Pay no foreign transaction fees while travelling when you load your Cash Passport with one of the 10 international supported currencies and transact in the same currency4.
- Free global Wi-Fi5
Stay connected across a million Boingo hotspots.
- Accepted at millions of locations worldwide
Spend fluently wherever Mastercard is accepted instore, online and ATMs.
- Manage your travel money on the go
Track spend, reload, or move money between currencies online, anywhere, anytime.
- 24/7 global assistance
Help is a call away whenever and wherever you are
- Replacement Card & Emergency Cash6
If your card is lost, we can send a replacement card out to you while you’re travelling. We can also provide emergency cash while you wait for your replacement to arrive6.
How does Cash Passport outsmart travel money?
1. Safer and more secure than cash
Cash Passport offers 24/7 Global Assistance. If you lose your wallet, simply call us. Sometimes, these things happen. We’ll quickly organise a replacement card, free of charge and help you get emergency cash6 so you can keep enjoying your holiday.
2. Keep track of your travel money
‘My Account’ lets you manage your money wherever you are, like reloading your card and transferring between currencies. Shop with confidence knowing exactly how much you have to spend, or simply load more funds with the advantage of locked-in exchange rates3. Load up to 11 currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD2.
3. Convenient and Contactless
Enjoy the freedom of travelling the world with just one card. Eat, shop or play wherever Mastercard® is accepted or withdraw from ATMs along the way, just as you would with your bank card at home. Quicker than cash, contactless payments can save you time when tapping with Cash Passport.
Cash Passport Platinum Features
1. Free global Wi-Fi5. Get internet access via millions of Boingo hotspots globally. Get 3 months’ Boingo membership every time you top up your Cash Passport with $100 AUD or foreign currency equivalent.
2. Share or transfer your travel money. Transfer instantly, from your Cash Passport to another Cash Passport issued in Australia or New Zealand in available currencies. Cash Passport can be purchased in store. Just be sure to have your Australian driver's license or passport ready. Once you have a Cash Passport, you won’t look back.
Get your Cash Passport now
Find your closest store