RACQ Paws News Email Autumn Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by RACQ Operations Pty Limited ABN 80 009 663 414 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in
accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to Queensland residents aged 18 years and over who are subscribed to RACQ Paws News email and
take out an RACQ Pet Insurance policy between 13 March 2019 – 10 June 2019. Current RACQ Pet Insurance policy holders
who are subscribed to the RACQ Paws News will automatically be entered into the competition.
4. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management,
employees and other staff) of the Promoter, related entities and agents of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe breached
any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or otherwise improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper
conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are
6. The competition commences at 10am Wednesday 13 March 2019 and closes at 5pm Tuesday 10 June 2019 (Promotion Period).
7. Eligible entrants may enter this competition by being subscribed to RACQ Paws News and taking out an RACQ Pet Insurance policy
within the competition period. Current Pet Insurance policy holders subscribed to the RACQ Paws News will automatically be
8. Only one entry per entrant is permitted and only one prize will be awarded to the winner.
9. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. The competition will be drawn at Friday 14 June 10am.
11. Times quoted are local times.
12. There will be two winners in this competition who will be chosen at random by a representative of the Promoter from all eligible
entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will receive a $250 Vet Products Direct eVoucher (inclusive of GST). The total prize pool value is $500 (inclusive
of GST). Prize components, including without limitation model and colour, may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any
change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of
14. The winner will be notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they purchased RACQ Pet
Insurance. The prize will be posted to the winner to the address provided by the winner when they purchased the pet
15. If the winner is unable to be contacted within two weeks of the draw, a redraw will occur. In the event that a redraw is required, it
will be held at 10am 28 June 2019 by a representative of the RACQ Marketing team at head office and the redraw winner will be
notified by telephone using the telephone number provided by winner when they purchased a pet insurance policy.
16. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
17. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is not permitted), the Promoter may,
at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian.
18. The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition, and to
periodically keep entrants informed about the goods and services provided by the Promoter, related entities and its service
providers. By entering this competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in this
clause. The Promoter may use or disclose entrants’ personal information to related entities or other appropriate third parties in
19. The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and
conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties .
The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter
does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third
parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the
prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to,
any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the
20. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating
to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant
the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all
media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner agrees that they will not sell or
otherwise provide their story, video and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a
prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting the promotion (including any outcome), and promoting products manufactured,
distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
22. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prize as listed. If the prize (or any element of the prize) is unavailable,
the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of
equivalent value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer
virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness
or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition, subject to the approval of the Office
of Liquor and Gaming Regulation in Queensland as may be required.
24. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or these terms,
subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant regulatory authorities.
25. The Promoter, its related entities, and the directors, officers, management, employees and other staff of the Promoter and its
related entities (Promoter’s Agents) will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of
taking the prize(s) or entering into this competition. The Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents make no representations or
warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by
law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents are not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or
omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or
the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize
26. If, notwithstanding the above, the Promoter or the Promoter’s Agents are found to be liable to any person in connection with this
competition the Promoter’s and the Promoter’s Agents’ maximum aggregate liability is limited to $1.00.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or
consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with the entering the competition, or as a result of taking the
prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under
statute or any other basis.
28. The laws of Queensland govern the Promoter’s competitions.